Access to BrowZine is now available to University of Otago staff and students.BrowZine is a service that will allow our users to quickly access the current issues of their favourite journals from the library’s holdings through an application on their iPad or Android device.
How can I use BrowZine?
- Browse, read, and follow journals: browse scholarly journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles.
- Create bookshelves of journals important to follow: add scholarly journals to your personal bookshelf and receive notification when new articles are published.
- Save and export articles: Save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Papers, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Atlas.ti and more.
How do I get set up with BrowZine?
To access BrowZine for the first time, please do the following:
- Download BrowZine. Go to the App Store, Google Play, or Kindle/Amazon store and search for BrowZine.
- Install BrowZine. Make sure you have the most up-to-date version.
- Open BrowZine and Go to “Choose Library”. Search for University of Otago and tap to choose.
- Enter your Proxy ID and Password. This is your UNIVERSITY USERNAME AND LOGIN, these will now be stored on your device and you should only need to enter them the first time you use the service.
- Go to “Subjects” and select or search subject area OR “Titles A-Z” to search for a specific title. Start browsing!
I already use Browzine for Open Access titles , how do I see the University of Otago Subscriptions?
If you have been using the Open Access library, log out of the Open Access library:
- Update version of BrowZine. Make sure you have the most up-to-date version.
- Open BrowZine. Go to “Settings” at bottom of page and tap “Change Library” in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Choose Library”. Search for University of Otago and tap to choose.
- Enter your ID and Password. This is your UNIVERSITY USERNAME AND LOGIN, these details will be stored on your personal device.
- Go to “Subjects” and select subject area OR “Titles A-Z” to search for a specific title. Start browsing!
- It is only available via iPads and Android devices
- Not all of our journal holdings are available.
If you have any questions or would like some help getting set up, please contact your Librarian.