August is Graduate Research Month, and once again the library is offering its popular series of postgraduate workshops.
There are five workshops and you may sign up for some or all of them. Registration is essential. You can book online. Workshop dates are on the booking form.
Sessions covered include:
- Library support at Otago – an interactive introduction to services and resources for postgraduate students.
- Keeping up to date – using RSS feeds and email alerts to track recent research in your area.
- Open Publishing and Open Access – in scholarly literature, and how it relates to your research.
- Managing your references – an introduction to Endnote* – tools that simplify the task of building a research library and citing references.
- Managing your references – an introduction to Refworks* – tools that simplify the task of building a research library and citing references.
- Completing your thesis – an interactive workshop on thesis preparation, including copyright issues, writing, submitting, and depositing.
Options are available for Distance students.
*Please note that you will have to choose between Endnote or RefWorks as your preferred reference manager, as sessions will be run concurrently. Information about them both can be found on the Managing Your References guide.